Kerala is facing its worst flood in 100 years. 80 dams opened, 324 lives lost and 223139 people are in about 1500+ relief camps. Rescue operations are progressing well even in an inclement weather. A total of 82,442 rescues are being made in a single day. 3,14,391 people from 70,085 families are safe in 2094 camps across the State. Floating devices, lifeboats and life jackets were airdropped to stranded groups of 50 or more people. Air lifting has also started.
CM Pinarayi Vijayan informed Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi that the State has suffered a loss of ₹19,512 crore as per initial assessment. the Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced an assistance of ₹500 crore. CM had requested an immediate assistance of ₹2000 crore.
For the people of Kerala, the road to recovery is going to be a long one. Your help no matter how small will be a step to restore normalcy. Your help can rebuild the lives of the affected.
- Donate to https://donation.cmdrf.kerala.gov.in/
2. You can also donate money by making payment to the below mentioned account.
Account number: 67319948232
Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: City branch, Thiruvananthapuram
IFS Code: SBIN0070028
- The Collector of Kannur has asked to help with day-to-day items like utensils, furniture, containers, footwear and tumblers.
You can send them to the following address: Control Room, Collectorate, Kannur – 670002, Phone no. 9446682300, 04972700645
- You can also send items to cities like Idduki, Ernakulum, Malappuram on the following addresses.
Here is the list of items that are needed.
You can provide the same by donating items at the Bengaluru Football Stadium. Here are the details.
You can also contribute online by visiting the Goonj and make other donations in the form of daily use items, as well. Items like match boxes, torches, ropes, raincoats, other garments, candles, utensils, cooker, water purifier, sanitary napkins, batteries, mugs, buckets, etc
On : www.goonj.org
- You can share these emergency helpline numbers with people on social media or otherwise.
Here they are:
- You can provide backend help by coordinating and responding to SoS calls.
Here’s the spreadsheet:
- You can visit the official Kerala Government website for seeking help and giving it to those in need.
- Follow hashtags like #DoforKerala, #KeralaFloodsand #StandWithKerala to stay updated on latest news and ways to help those in need.
LET US STAND WITH KERELA AT THE TIME OF NEED!!!