How to stay cool naturally in hot weather ?
Raipur ki Garmi – Uff Tauba !!
What say My fellow Raipurians.. ??
When it’s hot in the summer, the days are oven-like and sweaty. The blazing sun not just makes us uncomfortable but also puts us at a risk of heat illness or heat stroke (to be specific).
Here are a few handy tips to keep yourself cool in ‘Raipur ka badhta taapmaan’.
1.Avoid being in sun as much as possible. And for those who cannot stay inside, better stay covered.
2. Keep yourself hydrated by consuming a lot of water. Three litres a day is what you should aim at.
3. Avoid caffeinated drinks such as tea, coffee or soda as they are detrimental to your hydration.
4. Wear loose and light colored cotton clothes to let your body breathe. This also helps in maintaining the body temperature. Dark colored clothing attracts heat and light. So, stay away from them as much as you can.
5. Avoid spicy or heat generating food. Opt for ‘cool food’ items. The must haves in Summers include fresh fruits and vegetables, salads, curd, buttermilk etc. Lemon drinks have also proven to give instant relief from the heat.
6. Balance the intensity of workout according to the intensity of heat. Make time to play. Keeping the mind cool and relaxed is equally important.
Remember, all work and no play will make you an angry (heated-up) person.
I hope that following these tips will give you some relief from the scorching heat of Raipur.
Stay calm, Summers are here!!