Agrasen Jayanti is the birth anniversary celebrations of the legendary Hindu king Agrasen Maharaj. The Agrawal clan was originated from him. And so, his birthday is celebrated with great pomp and show among the Agrawal community.
The Agrasen Jayanti this year was on 21st September and was celebrated with many events which continued for a week. The celebration started on 17th of September where Agrasen Daud (marathon) and Go Raipur Go (a treasure hunt), which were the main attraction of the opening ceremony held.
Also various shows and competitions (like fashion show and fancy dress for kids, retro-metro themed dressing competition, hairstyle competition, rhyme in the theme “sonuuuu”, jewelry making competition etc.) were organized among the groups of 18 different areas whose winners then competed in the finals. The Yuva Mandal and the Yuvati Mandal of Agrawal Samaj were felicitated from Mr. Brijmohan Agrawal for organizing the event on 17th’s opening ceremony in the evening.
GO RAIPUR GO : Treasure hunt where people were divided into teams of 2-5 members went all around the city in their decorated cars hunting for the clues. The theme of treasure hunt was Rajasthani and Chhattisgarh. The best dressed-up team and car were awarded there, in the opening ceremony by Mr. Brijmohan Agrawal.
Agrasen Daud: More than 2000 people participated in this event which started from marine drive to Ghadi Chowk. Contestants were supposed to collect token from 3 different spots during the marathon so that they could be considered for completing the marathon authentically. The winners were awarded by Mr. Ramji Lalaji Agrawal ,father of Mr. Brijmohan Agrawal.
The community came forward to feed the needy and provided them with supplies for their day-to-day life.
The winners of all the contests were given prizes on the valedictory ceremony which was conducted on 21st September at (venue) Raipur.
Special Thanks to Mr. Abhishek Agarwal for his cooperation and providing us with all the details of the events held.
The winner who were awarded on 21st were :-
- Best Theme Dressup: Monu Agrawal, Payal Agrawal,Seema Agrawal
- Best Hair Style: Parul Parsaniya, Priyanka Agarwal
- Best Retro/Metro getup: Dolly Agrawal, Resham Jain, Anjali Agrawal, Amita Agrawal
- Best Jewelry Design: Resham Jain, Prachi Agrawal
- 12 Months Story: Manisha Mittal, Chetna Agrawal,Bindu Mittal, Aditi Mittal, Sanju Agrawal, Nidhi Agrawal, Saroj Agrawal, Nisha Agrawal, Uma Agrawal.
- Solo dance Competetion (Ladies): Vijeta Agrawal, Dolly Agrawal
- Solo dance Competetion(Girls): Tanya Agrawal, Tanisha Agrawal
- Little Chef: Vanshika Gupta, Agarsh Agrawal
- Masti Rhymes: Ranjana, sangeeta Agrawal, Mamta Agrawal,Rity Agrawal, Shraddha Bajaj, Kiran Agrawal, Anjali Agrawal, Shweta Agrawal, Asha Agrawal, Amita Agrawal
- Kal Aaj Kal: Ranjana sanghi, Sangeeta Agrawal, Swati Mittal, Manisha Mittal, Bindu Mittal,Chetana Agrawal
- Antakshri: Shweta Agrawal, Swati Agrawal, Riya Agrawal
- Super Mothers: Varsha Agrawal, Rimjhim Agrawal, Piyush Agrawal
- Kids Fashion Show: Archit Agrawal, Charvi Agrawal
- Fancy Dress: Divyansh Agrawal, Archit Jain
- Kids Dance : Charvi Agrawal, Lakshya Gupta
- Quiz Contest: Sameer Agrawal, Kamal Mittal, Sharaddha Agrawal, Megha Agrawal
- T.Vpur k Superstar: Dolly Agrawal, Sarita Agrawal
- Improvised Speech: Shweta Agrawal, Meenal Agrawal
- Go Raipur Go: (1) Sandeep Agrawal, Ram Agrawal, Shubham Agrawal, Saurabh Agrawal, Anand Goyal, (2) Vivek Agrawal, Amit Agrawal, Akshat Agrawal, Abhishek Agrawal.
More Pictures from the Event: